MY GRANDMOTHER IS REALLY SAD
- •She's almost 70, but she's the most content person I know.So I didn't get it at first.
- •She's healthy but her friends and siblings are not.
- •Her older sister almost died a couple of months ago.And she's depressed every time she visits her. Which is often.
- •Her best friend (my godmother) has cancer.And she's in the hospital and my grandmother hates to see her that way. She keeps bringing up how she was fine just a couple of weeks ago.
- •Another one of her best friends died this morning.I found her downstairs just chopping vegetables. She told me she was just thinking.
- •I wonder what she's thinking about.
- •I imagine that she's wondering about how long she has left.
- •And even though she is constantly surrounded by family, youth and loveI know losing her friends is incredibly hard and I can see the toll it's taking on her.
- •I know she'll be okay.I just wish there was some way for me to ease her pain.