PEOPLE I MISS SEVERELY
- •DahnyaA 9 yr old camper I had 3 years ago. The last day of camp he gave me the keychain off of his D Rose sneakers and cried.
- •Khalil, Azaria and NeshaleI also had these kids as campers at Chicago Park Districts. Over the last 3 years I've randomly gone looking for them on the westside of Chicago. Last time I seen them they were living in one room of an apartment inhabited by druggies. I bought them Popeyes. They were so happy to see me.
- •Doña NeyredaThe first host mother I had during my summer in the Dominican Republic. She taught me so much about love and care in 17 days.
- •AmberWe went to park districts together from like age 9-13 and we had some of the most fun times ever. We literally laughed about nothing for hours at a time.
- •ElizabethI met this 11 year old girl in a sugarcane plantation in the south of the DR. We talked and even played soccer. On my last day visiting her Batey, I told her I'd never be back and she looked at me with the saddest eyes I've ever seen.
- •RickyI met him in Jarabacoa in the DR. For 4 days and 3 nights he brought me flowers and we danced bachata. I cried when I had to leave without saying goodbye. I sent a picture of us back this summer.
- •My greatgrandmaI'd give anything to watch another episode of 'General Hospital' with her. Anything.