THE TIME I BROKE THE RULES
Inspired by @biz - I've also broken many more rules since...
- •I was in elementary school, maybe 5th grade.I attended an after school program.
- •Everyone knew everyone.The staff and students were like family because we all lived in the neighborhood.
- •One day I found a $50 bill on the floor of the game room.I was a money hungry little creature back then and I thought I had hit the jackpot. I picked it up and stashed it in my uniform pocket.
- •But of course, I had to tell a friend.I whispered to Amber about my discovery. And she was so excited she told Nikki. And she was so excited she told Daetron. And so on.
- •As word of my treasure find spread, another word began to spread as well.
- •The $50 bill belonged to Mrs. Green!THE MRS. GREEN. The woman who ran the entire program.
- •Nikki ran to find me in the hallway."Natalie, Natalie Ms. Green is looking for her money. Daetron said he gone tell."
- •I ran to find Daetron.We negotiated. I gave him $10.
- •However, after that negotiation everyone wanted $, including my friends.
- •I left the park with $15.Not to mention an incredibly heavy sense of guilt and anxiety about Mrs. Green finding out I had betrayed her.
- •Moral of the story, kids...Don't steal around other people, you'll have to split the money.