7 albums that changed my life
Because I couldn't pick just 5...
- •Off the Wall - Michael JacksonThe image on the cover alone change everything for me. That tux, that smile! How could I resist? I still have fond memories of dancing in our living room to the songs on this album.
- •Pretty Hate Machine - Nine Inch NailsHearing Trent Reznor's voice for the first time shifted something in me. I never looked music the same way again
- •Who is Jill Scott: Words & Sounds Volume 1 - Jill ScottWhen I first heard Jill Scott I thought "Yes! This woman has put my range of emotions on paper and then sang the hell out of them!"
- •Kind of Blue - Miles DavisThis was in my dad's collection and I inherited it. After fully listening I felt a stronger connection to him. Wish we could chat about it. Still my go-to rainy day album.
- •Tapestry - Carole KingI didn't get to Carole King's stuff until a bit later, but pretty much every song on this album is a winner! After hearing it all, I was hooked.
- •Mirotic - TVXQWhen I first heard this, I moved into full blown obsession mode for K-Pop. It's all TVXQ's fault. SHINee hasn't helped either.
- •Make it Big - Wham!Wham! Made me the "Weird Black Girl" in school and I didn't care. I know it was just sugary pop, but their Blue-eyed soul music served as a gateway for me to listen to other artists who didn't look like me.