THE WEIRDEST PHRASES DUOLINGO THINKS YOU NEED TO KNOW IN OTHER LANGUAGES
And why you need to know them. Thanks @franksars for the request. I think I took it in another direction than you were expecting.
- •For whispering to your Russian boyfriend.😏👉🏽👌🏽
- •For when your Russian boyfriend grimaces and leans away as you whisper that to him.
- •For talking to a therapist about your Russian boyfriend."...except he clams up when I talk about MY needs."
- •For anticipating what your mom will say to you about your recent breakup with your Russian boyfriend.
- •For arriving home and realizing your mother sold the house you grew up in and moved away without telling you.
- •For when the simultaneous dissolution of your relationship with your Russian boyfriend and disappearance of your mother sends you into a tailspin.
- •For repeating to yourself in the mirror every morning as you try to start again and build a whole new life in Ireland.
- •For when you decide to put yourself out there again, and your first date post-breakup is a cooking class with a secret cannibal.
- •For when you finally escape the fridge, look your (Dutch) cannibal captor in the face, and hit him with a scathing retort."AND ONLY LUNATICS KEEP BANANAS IN THE FRIDGE!"
- •For when you move to Berlin to start over yet again and adopt a cat to fill the void of loneliness.
- •For when you look at the shambles of your life and wonder if you are responsible.