THOUGHTS OF A TEN YEAR OLD GIRL TRYING TO DECIDE WHAT HER FIRST EMAIL ADDRESS SHOULD BE
An autobiographical list circa 2001.
- •Alright Lindsey. It's your first email address! No pressure, but this is a pretty huge deal.
- •I mean, this could be your email address for your whole life! It MUST be cool.
- •Okay, where to start where to start...
- •Well obviously it should be something that describes me. I want people to know who they're emailing, duh.
- •Maybe initials? LCT. Yes, that's a strong start.
- •What else...what else about me...
- •I'm smart?
- •Ugh, no. Remember when you tried to name your computer profile "geniuskid" but you spelled it g-e-n-u-i-s, and Courtney made fun of you?? Don't make that mistake again.
- •What else do I like? Books? Computer games?
- •I can't put any of that in my email address though! What if I don't always like Rollercoaster Tycoon? I'm gonna use this forever. No, it should be more general.
- •I guess... Hmm. I mean, I like to have a good time? That's pretty broad. I feel like I'll prob always enjoy having a good time.
- •Yeah yeah that'll work. Then just add my gender at the end for good measure...
- •Andddd done.