THOUGHTS FROM THE ROAD TO FORKS, WA
I go to Forks to catch and release fish for the biggest steelhead in the lower 48. It has nothing to do with Twilight, but I could get you a souvenir shot glass for a fee.
- •Do me a solid:If you don't know what steelhead are, spend a minute on the Wikipedia page. LSS: Steelhead are Rainbow Trout that migrate to the ocean for 1-3 years and return the stretch of river or tributary they were raised in to spawn. They're nature's prettiest poem.
- •Steelhead need our help, badly.The total steelhead run in North America is estimated to be around 2% of what it was 100 years ago. Many populations are considered endangered. Ok, enough hippie shit.
- •I'm amped to get back to the rainforest.The Hoh River rainforest is way prettier than the pale dude movies make it out to be.
- •I'm trying Spotify premium for the first time.In some ways I am intentionally behind the times, much like your parents. I will never call you at midnight asking how my remote works.
- •I am loving that this Airport Express driver is listening to math metal at soft volumes while driving an airport bus at 5:55 AMNo shame in his game. Rock on dude. I just wish it was loud enough for me to jam along.
- •Seatac is the coolest airport name.It sounds like a bulletproof vest for scuba diving
- •Hood Canal oysters are a thing.Have you ever bought anything by the bushel? Antiquated volume terms are my fucking jam.
- •It is incredibly hard to buy Hood Canal oysters from a farm on the Hood Canal.I'm not used to this. In California I take domestic currency to an oyster farm and they give me oysters.
- •These Hamahama oysters are effing huge. One was so big it had a colony of mussels growing on it.Think about that shit for a minute. That's almost as meta as List App.
- •I'm on the Werewolf side of the Treaty Line.What is the Treaty Line?
- •It is both depressing and positive that this region still has some economic coat tailing off Twilight.
- •The Sol Duc is a pretty, pretty river.
- •The best idea anyone ever had is to sell hot, freshly popped popcorn for a quarter at the entrance to a big general store.Swain's in Port Angeles. I buy popcorn every time.
- •My Father in Law snores like an asthmatic freight train.