FUN AND FLIRTY TIPS FOR DEALING WITH A PANIC ATTACK
Anxiety has no chill
- •Hold an ice cube.That's all you'll be able to focus on
- •Squirt lemon juice into the back of your throat.Seriously you'll only be able to focus on the sour taste
- •Jump in and out of a really cold or really hot shower.
- •Listen to very loud music in a different language.
- •Call someone you love and describe the room you are in.Brings you back to the present instead of crazy anxiety land
- •Pick a random book, and starting from the first page, count all the A's.Then b's, c's, etc. You'll get so focused on this you will forget your anxiety
- •Do a workout that varies often.Also exercise is good in general!
- •Challenge yourself to have the biggest panic attack possible.A lot of times, I panic about the fact that I am panicking. If I allow myself to feel anxious, it usually passes quickly.
- •Allow yourself to experience and sit with your anxiety.Feelings are natural. It's ok!
- •Tell a trusted friend who can help distract you.Shout out to Beth, Catherine, Laura, Erik, Ida, Dylan, Meme, Joe, Lindsay, and Julianne.
- •Remember that this too shall pass.I know it doesn't feel like it. It will. And you will be stronger because of it.
- •Xanax?Suggested by @sally