REASONS I'M PROUD OF MY THEATRE DEGREE
It was the best investment I could have ever made.
- •I can literally talk to anyone.I have no fear of interacting with people or talking to them. Bonus points: I can usually interact and relate to them.
- •When if comes to jobs, I can "act like I know what I'm doing"This is a quote from my dad, who also has a theatre degree (as does my mom). Basically what it means is that I am fully confident no matter what I'm doing, and that means I learn faster.
- •I can think on my feetMore attributed to improv but you get the idea.
- •I can work with any personality type.Do you know what a fucking melting pot the theatre is? People come from all elements of life, and you learn to adapt to all kinds of people and their quirks.
- •I can write.When you spend 80% of your time reading plays, it's a natural progression.
- •I'm a fast learner and I can memorize info like nobody's business.There just isn't a lot of time in the process of rehearsing a play. You have to do the work and do it quick.
- •I know how to deal with assholes.Cause actors are the biggest. And directors are even bigger. Don't get me started on producers. This is all said with love by the way.
- •I have no fear.I have stood onstage in my underwear, gotten stabbed (once literally, long story), dry humped an English professor, and so much more. I have no fear. Or pride?
- •I have basic sewing skills.Thanks costume shop!
- •I have basic carpentry skills.Thanks scene shop!
- •I could probably draw a basic to scale drawing of any building.Though I wouldn't do so willingly...thanks scenic design! Though full disclosure, there would probably be a stage somewhere in that building?
- •I have a greater understanding of people.The depth of a human being is incredible.
- •It ignited my passion to tell a person's story.Especially because so many of us don't get that opportunity.
- •It was fucking fun!Period.