TIPS FOR DOING A STARTUP IN PITTSBURGH
- •Go to Open Coffee Club
- •Engage with Carnegie Mellon (even if you're not an alum) and attend their events
- •Reach out to and connect with Alpha Lab, Alpha Lab Gear and Thrill Mill
- •Beware that getting seed funding isn't easy but try not to get discouraged
- •Familiarize yourself with some of the more established startups- Jazz (formerly Resumator), NoWait, ShowClix, 4 Moms, Acquion Energy, Rhiza Labs, DuoLingo and Niche
- •Keep your eye out for some cool startups gaining momentum fast - Thread, Sole Power, Astrobotic
- •Attend Thrival next year.