Politics in 2016
It's been nearly eight years since I was super pumped about an election year. A lot's changed since then, both personally and in the world (and nation). Here are some things I'd like to share with you about Politics in 2016.
- •You will always find a poll that tells you exactly what you want.
- •You will always find "research" that agrees with how you see things.
- •Nothing on the internet dies.
- •You will never change a heart or mind by yelling online.
- •You will always be able find a meme that wildly oversimplifies a stance of a candidate.
- •You will look back on what you posted in an election year and regret it. Every time.
- •You will forget there are better ways to spend your time than debating in a Facebook comment thread.
- •You will always be able to find someone who exemplifies the worst part of your candidate's opponent.