In no particular order
- •The Perks of Being a WallflowerThis is the only book on the list that is in the place it's in for a reason. I've read it at least a dozen times.
- •A Separate PeaceI never saw the ending coming. I haven't read it since high school but I remember loving it.
- •Bossy PantsTina Fey. C'mon. Instantly a classic. I go back and read chapters frequently.
- •The Stories of John CheeverMy first experience reading a collection of short stories.
- •One More Thing: Stories and Other StoriesAs if it came from my own brain, but 1,000,000 more clever.
- •Me Talk Pretty One DayMy first experience with David Sedaris. Life changing. Laugh out loud funny. Every. Single. Time.
- •Running with ScissorsAugusten Burroughs. Yes.
- •The Book With No PicturesThe first (and still only) book to make my son laugh so hard he had to run to the bathroom to pee so he didn't go in his pants. Still laughs with every reading.
- •Gillian FlynnAll of her books. I couldn't get through them fast enough.