PHRASES I'VE LEARNED FROM MIDDLE SCHOOLERS
You have no idea how often I have to google what they say to a) make sure they're not being mean to me or someone else and b) so I know what the hell they're talking about.
- •THOTthat hoe over there
- •Throw shadeDirty look
- •RashTell off, call out, put down
- •What are those?What you say to someone wearing un-cool shoes
- •Left on readWhen you send someone a text message, you see that they read the message, but they don't respond. "He left me on read."
- •Bye, Felicia.I felt really good about myself for knowing this and was proud that I could school them on the fact that it's not originally from a Vine.
- •On fleekFlawless, perfect. Could be replaced with "on point."
- •DDick. Really original.
- •ExtraOver the top, dramatic
- •Turn up/Turntthey use it to describe they're less than stellar behavior. "I'm gonna turn up in math class" "gonna go to ____ and get turnt"
- •ThirstyWants attention in a desperate kind of way
- •LitAnother way they describe behavior even though it's usually to describe someone who is intoxicated.