A visit to the CIA
Culinary Institute of America, that is.
- •A lovely institution of learning located in Hyde Park, NY and a fabulous place for a meal.Reservations required for most eateries so if you're in the area, get out your phone in advance or drop in at the Apple Pie Bakery and Cafe (like I did)
- •Upon entering the hall that houses the Apple Pie Bakery and Cafe (APB&C), you will find this lovely stained glass above the door
- •So beautiful, right?But wait... It gets better
- •The lunch side of the menuSo many delicious choices...
- •The breakfast and dessert choicesYummmmm....
- •My fabulous lunch choiceProsciutto di Parma on baguette w/basil pesto, fresh mozzarella, arugula & Manodori balsamic with a side of fresh, local greens w/roasted shallot vinaigrette
- •My gorgeous daughter, Bryn, with her lunch choiceMac & Cheese. She's so happy about the Mac & Cheese!
- •Nice artwork to check out while you dine
- •Dessert is an impossibility to settle onSo we didn't. We ate something there and got take home choices too, which I highly recommend.
- •Bryn chose a chocolate chunk cookieShe's a bit of a purist. And the cookie is actually THIS huge!
- •I opted for the Espresso Creme BrûléeSo freakin delicious.
- •Take home choice for older daughter, Syd, was a chocolate cupcake
- •Another pic of the beautiful cupcake
- •Macarons also came homeThey come in the cutest tin!
- •A close-up of these gorgeous bitchesDevoured later that night...
- •Farewell CIA and your beautiful fountain overlooking the Hudson River.
- •I'm going back next Friday for lunch again...
- •How do the students manage to NOT weigh 300 + lbs?