My Older Daughter's First Day of School 🏚
Inspired by @ListPrompts. I do not remember my first day of school, but I remember my kids'.
- •First day of kindergarten was preceded by orientation
- •The kids (and their parents/guardians) got to meet their teacher and the building administrators
- •Everyone also got to see the cafeteria, the gym and the library
- •Everyone also got to ride the school bus
- •The teacher told all the kids to bring their favorite stuffed animal to school the first day (to make them feel more comfortable and less lonely)
- •So anyway...
- •First day comes and we're at the bus stop with the favorite stuffed animal (whose name is Kony - pronounced Connie)
- •Here's the photo of my daughter, Syd, posing as she gets on the bus
- •So adorable, right??? So she realizes she has to actually GET ON the bus right after this picture is taken...
- •She attempts to bolt.
- •What you don't see next is a picture of me shoving her on the bus as she cries hysterically.
- •She managed to return home happy as a clam later that day. I spent the day convinced she would hate me forever.
- •Needless to say, we both survived. And she graduated this past June. Yay Syd!
- •Here's a photo of us to prove it