Snow Day Dinner: Saturday, January 23rd
Mmm mmm good!
- 1.Start with a lovely Cabernet
- 2.Then add Beef TenderloinThis has a lovely coating of olive oil, garlic, kosher salt and black pepper. I know, I know... Too well done, but that's how my family prefers it. Ideally it should be medium-rare.
- 3.Make sure to include sautéed mushrooms and Vidalia onions.
- 4.And now for the sides: Twice-baked potatoesMy husband does not care for cheese, so that's why we always offer two varieties.
- 5.Acorn squashThe "goop" inside is brown sugar and butter made into a paste. This is actually more like dessert than a side.
- 6.Beautiful steamed broccoliA little salt and pepper are all you need.
- 7.Creamed cornAgain, a favorite of the husband.
- 8.Fresh cucumberBecause there's always one truly kooky thing (other than people) at my dinners
- 9.Remember to allow the pan to cool BEFORE washing it!
- 10.Eat, enjoy, experience deep satisfaction