Books From My Childhood
- •The Very Hungry CaterpillarClassic
- •Dr. Seuss's ABCLoved so many of the Dr. Seuss books growing up, but I had this one completely memorized and loved being able to say "zizzer zazzer zuzz" at the end.
- •Arthur SeriesOur librarian always read these to us, and I always checked them out so I could search for the hidden names of the author's children in the illustrations.
- •Amelia BedeliaAsked for these at every book fair/Scholastic order.
- •The Bailey School Kids SeriesThese were popular circa 3rd grade, and there was always a rush on library day to be the first to get the newest one from the shelf. Reading some of the titles now crack me up.
- •Where the Sidewalk EndsAll the Shel Silverstein books are fun and beautiful.
- •The WitchesEnjoyed so many of the Roald Dahl books, but The Witches sticks out the most due to my 2nd grade teacher reading it aloud to our class using a very convincing witch voice and facial expressions.
- •Harry Potter SeriesObvious. I will never stop rereading these books.