Reading Challenge: Li.sters' Favourite Books - Middlesex
- •OverviewMiddlesex details the personal journey of Intersex individual Cal/Calliope
- •I didn't expect to like it but it's one of those books I've always thought I 'should' read.
- •I loved it.I found it hard to put down.
- •It's a beautifully written saga detailing events over three generations. Cal/Calliope is omniscient but the incorporation of the personal history with historical events adds realism.Not being American (and being really ignorant), I didn't immediately recognise all the events depicted but that was a small issue that didn't impact my enjoyment of the story
- •This list had taken a while to write because I've found it hard to pinpoint exactly what I liked so muchI think it's the overall message, which I interpreted as: people are people and you love who you love
- •Overall, I'd probably give it a 8/10, would highly recommend