Anatomy of a Lifetime Movie
I consider myself an expert- pictures do not match actual descriptions
- •Dramatic opening- usually a flashbackLifetime hooks you from the start! Someone is trapped in a trunk or basement and yelling. BAM! Present day in an office park drinking coffee. WHAT HAPPENED!?!? This particular movie had a drowning.
- •Someone isn't who they say they areObvious- but they set it up so we're not QUITE sure. Maybe the new coworker or roommate isn't insane yet. JUST MAYBE. This movie has a random girl saying she is having the husbands baby.
- •The build upWhere our antagonist is slowly losing their shit and effing up everyone's lives. I like the ones where they convince everyone their sane and someone else is crazy. Oh wait that's every movie.
- •Something goes awryOur antagonist is on their way to be caught. And they start LOSING IT. I love a good escape scene with a boat or car chase.
- •DiscoveryAh ha! Someone believes the victim after a solid hour and a half of insanity. Extra bonus for not calling the cops when going into an obviously dangerous situation.
- •The wrap upAlways dramatic and the last 10-15 minutes of the movie.
- •AftermathThis is where I think Lifetime could expand a little. We usually just hug and fade to the next movie. I WANT MORE. You just killed 15 people and destroyed a town to save your daughter. Everything's ok now? DOUBT IT