Awkward Double Standard Society
chronic illness edition inspired by @kaitmaree
- •Apparently my brain is not my friend
- •One chronic illness makes my body attack itselfMost basic definition
- •One chronic illness sets me up on an emotional Rollercoaster
- •Both can be pretty shitty
- •One makes me feel like a drunken sailorNot in a good way
- •One can make me feel like superwoman and then put me in a weird anxious/depressive downward spiral
- •One I can talk aboutPretty freely
- •One I can't talk aboutStigma much?
- •Why in the world do we make it so hard for people?Especially youngsters and the homeless
- •Why the hell does everyone put their two cents in?Does it make them.feel better? You have the same problems? Let's bond, not judge.
- •Why do we not believe some people are struggling when we see them being healthy, productive, and witty?And why can't people share these struggles without judgement?
- •Why is it easy for society to blame violence on mental illness?You know what assumptions do....
- •Why do I know I or my students will have accommodations made for some things and written off as nuisances by other things?
- •Why is it so easy to let my identity be stolen by these illnesses?Even though I shouldn't
- •It's ok. I will work harder to prove otherwise.
- •@list can know some secrets