How to turn soda bottles into rockets
Science is not my strength..so...
- •I looked up a diagram of what "happens"
- •I read a science fair book (a random forces of motion book in the school library)
- •Ask a brilliant science teacher for help (he had built his stand!)
- •Use a pre-made launch stand or....learn from the geniuses at Nasa: http://er.jsc.nasa.gov/seh/Bottle_Rocket_Launcher.pdf
- •Attach stand tubing to a bike pump. Invert the bottle with tubing inside and move the latch to hold bottle in place
- •Have one person pump the bike pump while the other holds the rope
- •Rope is pulled after several pumps (I do not know of an exact science on pressure, pace, strength and it has been fun playing with it)
- •If your stand isn't weak or wobbly like mine, you won't have to hold the stand and get soaking wet!!!!