Already on li.st? Open in app.
- •Panda / DesiignerPanda panda ... Panda panda panda panda panda
- •Why has this been stuck in my head for two months straight??
- •I don't know what it's about!
As requested by @dangervillage (This is going to be broken down by type of road trip and by the story behind the trip, of course.)
- •Portishead - DummyThis is the album you listen to on a solo trip, driving along the twisty road on the edge of the world in Big Sur, with the waves crashing against the cliff. Maybe you're crying. Maybe you've just gone through something terrible. Or brilliant. But you're definitely overwhelmed by beauty and sadness.
- •Fiona Apple - TidalYou're on a road trip in the middle of the fall. It's freezing out and Fiona's voice is the thing keeping you warm. It reminds you of your high school boyfriend and teenage melancholy, and in the middle of Smooth Like Honey your car gets caught in a tidal wave of falling leaves and you look up through your sun roof and it's like you're in the eye of a beautiful, rainbow colored hurricane.
- •Tom Petty - WildflowersIt's summer and your in high school. You're on your way out of town with your two best friends on your first road trip and you have the car windows open and this album blasting and the wind and the music run through your hair and you've never felt so free.
Every time I drive around Los Angeles it takes at least 12 full hours off my life.
- •I hate everyone when I'm driving.Go through a yellow light? Hate you if you're blocking me from making a left hand turn. Don't go through? I hate you because I'm behind you and JUST WANT TO DRIVE!! Get behind the wheel of a car I'm not in? Probably hate you.
- •Parking drives me mad.Valet is like giving someone your first born. Trying to find street parking is like bashing your head against a brick wall over and over again. I want a car that folds up and fits in my pocket.
- •I think people who don't stop FULLY at stop signs are giant buttwads.Honestly, I've almost been run over approx 12(thousand) times while on walks / runs because of the bullshit "California roll." You guys, that shouldn't be a thing enough to have its own term. STOP signs are pretty fucking self-explanatory, no?
- •Anna Faris' PodcastYou guys it's so cute and witty and kind. So KIND! I love it.
- •Dole whipOh me gawd love this stuff. Personally, I appreciate the vanilla variety so I can mix in some Oreos, but really any flavor will do.
- •Tyrion Lannister"A wise man once said..." "Who said this?" "Me, just now." Can we please have a GoT comedy spin-off starring Tyrion and Varys?
- •I just blue myself.
- •No touching!
- •Bob loblaw lobs law bombs.
- •Monica and Bill
- •George and Laura
- •Anita and Clarence
Spotify link- https://open.spotify.com/user/lizzad31/playlist/0kcgDG98mH3D04S6vZLvGJ. 🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶
- •Yes. How dare you ask such a ridiculous question?
I love this city but sometimes I worry about its mental health.
- •The masked hanging teddy bearsThey are all over town, hanging from telephone wires. It's weird. I think it's supposed to be some sort of street / political art (?) but I'm pretty sure it's mostly just giving the children of Los Angeles nightmares.
- •This buildingI occasionally think about parking across the street from Big Blue just to observe the people walking in and out, but I'm too scared
- •People staring up at parking signs for minutes on end trying to figure out wtf they say.Indecipherable. And no matter what, you'll end up with a ticket anyway.