A Little Inspiration for Your Monday Morning
This article made getting out of bed a LOT easier. Full article: http://nyti.ms/213XwyO
- •Ida Keeling is 100 and a total bad ass.Which in and of itself is a feat.
- •Which means she lived through the depression.
- •Her husband dying at age 42 and leaving her with three kids.
- •She supported her family. Also began taking them to civil rights rallies and marches.And did I mention she's a black woman? She supported her three kids "all the while contending with the abuses and indignities endured by black women in mid-20th-century America." (NY Times - couldn't say it better myself.)
- •Then her two sons tragically developed drug addictions. And died. Or rather, were murdered.
- •She crumpled for a while. A short while. Anyone would.
- •But then, at the age of 67, she took of running!Not yoga or power walking - RUNNING!
- •Not only running, but competitive running!
- •And at the age of 100, she STILL RUNS! She still competes.
- •She can do five push ups in a row! I can barely do that!
- •She is a bad ass and totally inspiring.