Phrases/idioms That Are Super Creepy if Taken Literally
Humans are weird
- •"I'd love to pick your brain"I just wrote this in a work email and then realized I had to make this list bc what sort of MONSTER says that to another person?????
- •"Bury the hatchet"Which, oddly, means the exact opposite of what it sounds like it means.
- •"Annoying the shit out of me"💩
- •"Let the cat out of the bag."WHY WERE YOU KEEPING A CAT IN YOUR BAG?? Sounds like animal abuse to me.
- •"Costs an arm and a leg"No thanks. I'm a fan of my arm and my leg.
- •"Screwed the pooch"Pretty sure that's illegal in 48 states.Suggested by @Nicholas
- •Keep your eyes peeledSuggested by @Life0fRyley
- •Put your money where your mouth isDisgusting. While you're at it, put the hotel tv remote there too.Suggested by @bdot
- •"He/she/it rubs me the wrong way"If you take it literally, it gets super creepySuggested by @cem94
- •Her eyes were bigger than her stomach.How creepy is that? Imagine how big her eyes are. 👁👁Suggested by @cariturner
- •Right up your alleySuggested by @k8zinker