AN OPEN LETTER TO THE SURGEON THAT RUINED JULIE ANDREW'S VOICE
The year is 1997 and Julie goes under the knife to have non-cancerous nodules removed from her throat. The operation was not supposed to harm her iconic singing voice but following the surgery her range was limited and she could no longer hold notes like she once could. It was a global disaster.
- •Out of all the surgeries you could have botched. All the voices you could have ruined. YOU RUINED JULIE FUCKING ANDREWS.
- •WE WILL NEVER GET A SOUND OF MUSIC REUNION CONCERT. OR MARY POPPINS. SHE CAN'T HIT THE NOTES.
- •YOU ROBBED THE WORLD. ROBBED IT.
- •YOU RUINED A NATIONAL—NO. AN INTERNATIONAL TREASURE.
- •The hills are dead. They were killed by you and your botched surgery.
- •And DON'T YOU DARE say she sang in Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement.She spoke through a song. She could not bless the world with real music because YOU RUINED HER VOCAL CORDS.
- •LOOK AT HER. SHE'S SO PURE. SO ELEGANT.
- •AND YOU DESTROYED HER SINGING CAREER. YOU HURT HER.
- •You hurt me.
- •And now the world is filled with "what ifs" and "if onlys". You stole so many musical numbers from us. So many shows. So many songs.
- •It's just......
- •She could have done so much.