TO MY FELLOW STUDENTS
/anyone who's out there putting in work
- •Hello. I'm so proud of you for chasing that education and putting in work. I know it's not easy but it is worth it!Or so I've been told, I've yet to reap the benefits but that's neither here nor there.
- •I know how you're feeling, I work full-time and go to school full-time because while I ain't afraid of no ghost I am afraid of student loans.College is fun!!!!
- •The other day I woke up feeling like a dead person so I hopscotched down to the local physician and asked her why my body was trying to kill me. She told me that I had a viral infection that my body couldn't fight off because I was over exhausted.
- •She told me to call out of work and go home and go to sleep. She prescribed me sleep.
- •I went home and passed the fuck out and woke up hours later confused but rested.
- •So what's the point of this story?
- •I know that college is stressful. I know it's easy to put things, like sleep, off because you have this frantic need to get things done.
- •And you should do the things! Do your homework and study for tests and go out with your friends!
- •But also remember that none of that is worth anything if your body spontaneously combusts.Don't let this be you.
- •It's okay to sometimes prioritize yourself over your assignments.
- •Take a nap, drink some tea, watch a tv show, eat an entire box of Zebra CakesAnd don't feel guilty about every moment that you spend not doing school work.
- •Take care of yourselfA few late assignments or a few low grades are not going to define you as a person for the rest of your life. Being that crazy person talking to the wall after spending 36 hours straight in the library might.
- •So go forth my little go-getters, go make sure you're well restedbefore you end up in a doctors office with a trained medical professional telling you that you need to sleep
- •Listen to your body and your mind and keep doing your best.You're killin' it, kid.