WHAT I LEARNED WHILE MAKING CASSEROLE INSTEAD OF STUDYING
I have six chapters of Russian History to read, so I made a casserole.
- •A butternut squash is just a weird long pumpkin that would be hard to carve
- •I'm super good at cutting apples
- •Apple cider vinegar does not taste good on its ownIt's also does not taste bad
- •My roommate has decided to leave her dirty pan on the stove as an act of silent warfare
- •Sticking your hand into a pot of hot rice is fairly dangerousBut also effective in checking temperature of said rice
- •It's always best to google the disposal pan you bought at Walmart Express to make sure it's oven safeIt is, but only up to 425 degrees
- •The $1 peeler seems like a great deal until you try and use it and it breaksThe same goes for the can opener.
- •Cinnamon gets everywhere. Everywhere. I hope my roommate isn't allergic to it because it is now a permanent part of our kitchen counters.I should probably find out if my roommate has allergies
- •Casserole involves like 30 minutes of manual labor and then you have to wait another hour to eat it
- •We should all strive to be as supportive and caring as middle aged women on recipe blogs."Try a little less butter, Karen." "I found pumpkin seeds really tie the whole dish together!" "Saving this for when my family comes!!"