WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN THE NATIONAL BONE MARROW REGISTRY
You should join the national registry, it's what all the cool kids are doing these days. https://bethematch.org/support-the-cause/donate-bone-marrow/join-the-marrow-registry/
- •People need your help!People with leukemia, lymphoma, sickle cell anemia, Hodgkin lymphoma, and many other diseases can be treated, and sometimes cured, by a bone marrow transplant. You can make that transplant possible!
- •It's painless! There are no needles involved!To join all you have to do is fill out some paperwork and swab your cheeks! There's no pain and it only takes five minutes. (If you do get chosen to donate there will be needles but it's okay because you're saving someone's life!)
- •You're probably in the perfect age range!90% of donors are between the ages of 18 and 44. Look at you, so youthful and able bodied, I bet your cells are in great shape. Take your excellent cells and give them to someone with not so excellent cells, your cell supply will replenish and another person gets to live. Winners all around.
- •They need as many potential donors as possible!Patients need donors who are a genetic match. The more people who are registered the higher the chance a patient will find a match. The registry also needs more diverse donors because patients have a higher chance of matching with someone of their own race or ethnicity. So take your beautifully diverse selves and get to the cheek swabbing.
- •You could literally save someone's life!I've been on both ends of the donation spectrum. My brother got matched with someone from the national registry and I can't tell you how incredible it feels to have a stranger be willing to save someone you love. I've also donated and I don't know how to properly express how amazing it feels to know that someone is getting a shot at life because of you. It also allows you to fulfill all your childhood dreams of being a superhero who saves people!!