Questions people ask me when I say I work in aviation
Well, even if the majority of us have dream of being a pilot at least once, that does not mean we all can fly..
- •So you must fly for free when ever you want!I wish! No, that is a perk that airlines give to their employees and there is always a catch... Even if they can is always tied to availability
- •Will you recommend airline X or Y?See: depending on what you are looking for and ready to pay....
- •Which aircraft is better A or B?All well maintained aircrafts are good! All depends on which airline you are flying. A budget airline might have a very simple interior and basic comforts, the structure and engines are the same as the most expensive airline that uses exactly the same plane
- •Explain me in some few words how an aircraft engine works please!Here you go: Suck, squeeze, bang and blow...
- •What do you think is the cause of this/that air disaster?Rule 1: never ever make speculations about aviation events...and I follow rules!
- •For sure you always flight Business class!Wishful thinking! The very few times I did I was upgraded using my own points and I was in cloud nine!!! Once I flew from Caracas to Amsterdam only sitting during take off and landing... I joke that I walked my way to my destination....
- •At the end not all is bad....To walk under a 777-300, A380, A330, greet the first 747-800 at their destination, feels like walking with dinosaurs...such big gentle beasts, so heavy and still they fly!!! I LOVE MY JOB AND AVIATION IN GENERAL...