AERIAL SILKS MOVES I LEARNED TODAY
I've started taking aerial silks lessons! They are super cool. If you're in the DC area, check out Urban Evolution (http://urbanevo.com) for silks, parkour, breakdancing, and general badass skills. I didn't get pics so I included links to video tutorials of the moves.
- •This was my second lesson (first was an intro).
- •I discovered I really need more arm strength!
- •Today's focus was footlocks.
- •Figure 8 footlock.
- •Standard climb.https://youtu.be/srpKcTW4u84 - I fail miserably at this.
- •Russian climb.https://youtu.be/xiWBxAoslE4 - can do this a bit better.
- •Front balance.
- •Hammock balance.
- •Butterfly (closed and open).https://youtu.be/tNS1SrkBUGs - the difference with open butterfly is you grab just the edge of the silks and it looks cool - like wings! But feels kind of scary!
- •Pullover entry.http://youtu.be/O2S0FGtlPZ4 - it's fun to flip around! I also succeeded at turning over once on hip balance to a seated position.
- •Mary Contrara.
- •So anyway it's pretty fun but now my shoulders and arms are dead.