Attractions in the D.C. Area I Haven't Yet Seen But Would Like To Someday See
Thank you @andersun ! Great list idea. I also included my excuses for not going so far.
- •National Museum of African American History and Culture ✅We finally got in! After months of trying to get tickets. There was an hour line to get into the history portion so we stuck to the culture floors and will have to go back!
- •Arlington National Cemetery😳 how have I not been? I have driven by many, many times.
- •DEA MuseumRight next to Pentagon City Mall but the hours are weird. My husband has been.
- •Phillips CollectionArt! One of the things that joins a lot of the museums I haven't yet been to is that they cost money. There are so many free museums! But I should just suck it up and pay for some of them.
- •Dumbarton OaksSee above
- •✅ National CathedralWe did the tower climb and saw the flower market.
- •National Postal MuseumThis is a Smithsonian so it's free. I'm a Smithsonian completionist I guess.
- •CorcoranNot free, see above.
- •✅ Air & Space, Udvar-Hazy CenterFinally ventured out! It's so huge and impressive. Seeing Space Shuttle Discovery was awe inspiring.
- •White House TourI mean I live here so I dunno why planning way in advance is a problem. But maybe, um, not in the next four years...
- •Washington Monument (going up in it)Closed until spring 2019 🙄
- •Dupont UndergroundThis is cool and new and just now available for tours!
- •✅ Kusama exhibit at the Hirschhorn