Dept. of Speculation
- •The book: Dept. of Speculation by Jenny OffillI checked it out from the library with this cover. I like the stamp cover better.
- •Likes: short, easily digested paragraphs; emotionally on point; Iron & Wine reference; lyrical and beautifully written; subtle change of POV as their marriage goes through trouble.
- •Dislikes: few specifics, don't know much about the characters.Though this also makes it very generalizable.
- •Characters: There's the husband and the wife, mainly. The daughter mainly is a metronome of the relationship.But they all seemed pretty human. Well done.
- •Length: short, thank god, because I needed a short book. Quick read.
- •Overall: liked it! Quite a bit! Maybe a 3.5 or 4 out of five.