Fancy Dinner for my In-Laws' Anniversary
On Saturday we hosted my in-laws for a fancy dinner to celebrate their 40th wedding anniversary this year. All year each of the brothers (there are 4 total) will be hosting them. We were first.
- •I developed a menu quickly.
- •First course: pea soup with garlic chipsSoup was a random blog recipe, garlic chips from Chrissy Teigen's Cravings
- •2nd: beet, potato, and lentil saladHello Fresh recipe
- •3rd: zucchini noodles with homemade pestoI mean I guess I looked up the ratios for pesto
- •4th: miso glazed sea bass with kale and carrotsA riff on a Blue Apron recipe
- •5th: crepes! This one with pear butter and cinnamon, others with strawberries and NutellaI used a crepe recipe from the blog Closet Cooking
- •It turned out great! Better than we hoped!Now I'm kind of excited to host more dinner parties.