How I Choose Which Books I'm Going To Read
- •Is it on my Goodreads TBR shelf?I really want to make this shelf smaller! It's currently at 2,205 books!
- •Is it getting a lot of buzz on the book blogs I follow?For reference: @bookriot, Perpetual Page-Turner, Forever Young Adult, Smart Bitches Trashy Books. Feel free to recommend other book blogs!
- •Is it by Brandon Sanderson? Another author I love?
- •Is it in a series that I want to finish?
- •Is it available at the library?This is v. important. I actually added all my TBR books to library lists so now I can browse those lists to see what I can grab when I go to the library.
- •Is it on the library new books shelf?Sometimes I find appealing things there.
- •Did someone I trust recommend or was it given as a gift?I will definitely read it in this case.
- •Am I on a certain genre kick or alternatively need a break with a different type of book?Or do I feel a need to read some nonfiction or literary fiction for self improvement?
- •Basically I just always check out a whole bunch of library books, resulting in a never-ending stack that fills my need to always be reading something.