How to Make Cheese Shop House Dressing
For @jhope71 and also people who like tasty things
- •So to give you a bit of context: The Cheese Shop is a popular sandwich and gourmet shop in Colonial WilliamsburgI went to W&M so I went there as often as I could manage.
- •Their house dressing is legendary and beloved.They have a sister shop in Charlottesville called Take It Away, the dressing is the same.
- •You can buy the stuff bottled now but it's expensive.
- •So imagine my delight when I discovered it was easy to make at home!
- •WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- •Mayonnaise1 cup
- •A good whole grain mustard1 tablespoon
- •Worcestershire sauce1 tablespoon
- •Put it all in a bowl and mix
- •Add some more mustard probably
- •Taste and add extra of whatever to your taste
- •Use as dip, sandwich spread, and whatever else your heart desires!
- •I was going to wait to make this and check the ratios but I didn't and now I've gone and made a different dip entirely
- •I texted my husband to see if the ratios sounded rightHe said sounds good but maybe more mustard. If I make this later and it's way off base I'll let you know