Interview Questions to Ask a Potential New Boss
Hey guys! My boss is leaving 😔 and we're interviewing a couple new candidates today. Any tips on what to ask them?
- •How to you see (define, enforce) project ownership vs accountability?
- •Do you see yourself more of a Michael Scott or a Leslie Knope?
- •Which character in Dilbert to you most closely identify with?
- •What's your method (style, default mode) for creating annual/quarterly plans?
- •How do you evaluate employee performance?
- •One of us seven employees has an annoying habit. To address it, do you identify which employee it is and pull them aside for a private, considerate, helpfully empowering conversation, OR do you send a passive-aggressive email to the entire department telling everyone to "knock-it-off"?😬
- •A new boss joining in with an established group can present unique challenges. Can you think of any you might face, and how would you handle them?
- •If you have ideas for changes to the department, how would you handle presenting them to the staff?
- •Snack preference: salty or sweet?
- •What in your background best qualified you for this position?