MY FIVE STAR READS - 2015 EDITION
Inspired by @mhawkeyem
- •Firefight by Brandon SandersonThe second in the Reckoners series. Really loved it and can't wait for Calamity!
- •Station Eleven by Emily St. John MandelLived up to the hype.
- •Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi AdichieI learned a lot about the immigrant experience in America.
- •Saga, volumes 2, 4 & 5 (by Brian K. Vaughan)If you like graphic novels you should be reading Saga (also be aware that it is quite adult in its content, so be prepared).
- •The Sleepwalker's Guide to Dancing by Mira JacobA sprawling novel about a family in India and after they move to the US.
- •A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. SchwabVery inventive world. Really good read.
- •Uprooted by Naomi NovikI loved the romance aspect and the story was excellent.
- •The Legend of Eli Monpress by Rachel AaronI really liked the characters - so well fleshed out.
- •Happiness for Beginners by Katherine CenterThis book made me really think about how I was focusing on negativity and I decided to try to orient more towards the positive. It's taking work but I think reading this changed me for the better.
- •Difficult Conversations by Douglas Stone, Bruce Patton & Sheila HeenA great book on how to improve your communication, manage emotions on both sides, and be more productive because you're not mired in misunderstanding.
- •Year of Yes, by @shondarhimesPart memoir, part self help book. Made me actually laugh out loud (rare), and tear up a little. I am pushing this one on people hard right now.