MY FRIEND'S VEGAN RICOTTA RECIPE
For @DG - my friend Carla said she was supposed to use this recipe but didn't have quite the right amounts, but it turned out fine...
- •1 pound, 5 oz firm tofu
- •2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- •1 Tbsp olive oil
- •3 Tbsp lemon juice
- •1 tsp salt
- •Simmer the tofu in salted water for about 7 minutes.
- •Press out as much water as possible using a tofu press or two plates and weights.This will take 30 minutes to an hour.
- •After pressing, add all ingredients to a food processor and blend until smooth.
- •NOTE: you can add flavorings like garlic and spices, but this will produce a more neutral tasting spread that can be used in place of cream cheese for bagels.