RIDES AT UNIVERSAL ORLANDO, RANKED
I went to both parks (Universal and Islands of Adventure) and rode a decent amount of rides in one day, but not everything obviously.
- •Revenge of the MummySo I don't really care about the Mummy franchise anymore (although like my friend Amy said, "wow, Brendan Fraser, remember him?") but this ride was awesome. It's a coaster almost totally in the dark, with two hard stops, and a couple of launches (one up a hill). The fire is fine (I do love the fire ceiling effect on rides) but it was the unpredictability of riding in the pitch black that had me screaming in glee. Front row highly recommended.
- •Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringott'sI rode this twice! Totally wins for theming and the ride experience is a very close second to the Mummy for me. Bill Weasley, dragons, seamless 3D effects, swiveling cars... Awesome! Front row of each car is best (actually couldn't see one of the 3D effects from the back row). Going through the line is great with the bank tellers!
- •Dragon ChallengeI rode this back when it was Dueling Dragons and rode it again yesterday. Very good coaster especially if you like corkscrews, pretty smooth, did not give me whiplash, A+.
- •Harry Potter and the Forbidden JourneyInside Hogwarts Castle! The line theming is fantastic, love the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom especially. It's a ride that moves each pod of 4 people independently with 3D effects. It's really cool but it did make me a little dizzy and slightly nauseous so it loses points there. But it's a cool ride.
- •Transformers: The RideSimilar to the movies, I had no idea what was supposed to be going on with the plot? But there was lots of action and explosions... This one is kind of similar to the Forbidden Journey but not as cool and also made me a bit dizzy.
- •Hollywood Rip Ride RockitI guess choosing your song is cool and the vertical lift hill would be really neat if this wasn't a TERRIBLY UNCOMFORTABLE roller coaster. I had heard you needed to keep your head back to combat whiplash but when I tried to do that it kept whacking into the back of the car. Watching the ride it looked super smooth but in reality it was incredibly jerky! Hated it.