Rio Day 3
- •We got up early and headed out to the table tennis venueRiocentro, near but not in Centro Olimpico
- •The sidewalks aren't makeshift at all
- •We bought pao de queijo (cheese bread) for breakfastNo regrets
- •Got our seats but moved around later cuz they were awfulIt wasn't very crowded
- •We watched the women's quarterfinals. It was intense.This was a super close match. Kim Song I of North Korea (far side) won
- •Ding Ning of China (closest, in pink) is my pick for taking the gold this year.
- •Outside the venue
- •We headed back homeward to check out the German hospitality house in LeblonIt was closed
- •We saw the Danish houseSomewhat reminiscent of the embassy open house
- •We got a snack at a veggie burger place.
- •We walked onto and then along the beach
- •We went to a Colombian restaurant after a break to chill and watched the women's soccer (Colombia v US)That last second goal by Colombia! Wow.
- •Then we watched Katie Ledecky win her second gold🏊🏻💕
- •Then we crashed
- •Today is dressage🐎