SONGS THAT WILL FOREVER HAVE A VERY SPECIFIC ASSOCIATION
- •"Game of Love" by Santana and Michelle BranchSitting in Littlejohns Deli on the Corner in Charlottesville eating a cheese sandwich, trying not to cry and to hold it together because we were visiting my grandfather who was in UVA hospital with leukemia.
- •"Collide" by Howie DaySitting in my living room with ex-boyfriend Clint and deciding this would be "our song." An odd choice I think, and quite a problematic relationship.
- •"It's You" by Annie StelaFirst dance at my wedding ❤️💜💕👰🏼
- •"I Just Don't Think I'll Ever Get Over You," Colin HayI was with my high school boyfriend for like seven years. But, for the last two years, we kept breaking up and getting back together. The last time we got back together, I was in the car, and I heard this song. And I thought, "This is the song that should make you think of Ryan. You shouldn't be with Ryan." So we broke up and I was sad for an entire year,Suggested by @biz
- •Also, I still can't hear Cecelia by Simon and Garfunkel. It was the soundtrack to a drunken fight I got into with my boyfriend when I was 25.Suggested by @biz