THINGS I DIDN'T KNOW AT TRIVIA LAST NIGHT
I have a team that regularly does District Trivia. We didn't do so well this week but at least I learned some things.
- •The Cantabrian Mountains are in Spain.Particularly crushing since I was JUST in Spain.
- •Ping pong was originally called gossima.Or at least, someone sold it as such in 1891. This appears to be one of those "trivia facts" that is maybe not totally true.
- •The word punch comes from the Sanskrit word for "five."It was originally made with five ingredients: alcohol, sugar, lemon, water, and tea.
- •Marvin the Martian's dog was called K-9.
- •Lots of other stuff that I didn't learn because I don't remember!I know that if they come up again, we'll be like"hey we had this question before - but what was the answer?"