TRIVIA I DIDN'T KNOW 11/30
Another week of ignorance! 😄
- •What sport is Vitali Klitschko a champion in?Boxing, but if you were like me your eyes glazed over at that question.
- •Who was assassinated by Thomas Hagan, also known as Talmadge Hayer or Mujahid Abdul Halim?Malcolm X, who is also known by at least 3 names.
- •Who was booked to play the London Palladium on January 20, 1996 on his hundredth birthday, but had to cancel due to illness?George Burns, EXCEPT this is false! He was in fact booked to give a show at Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas. District Trivia what are you doing to me with these lies? 😠
- •In which country did speed skating originate?The Netherlands. The Olympics website claims this is "arguably" true. But the first official speed skating events were held in Norway. But the Netherlands' claim seems okay.
- •What was the 2nd silent film to win Best Picture at the Oscars (the first being Wings in 1929)?The Artist... in 2012.
- •Which rock stars are known as the Glimmer twins?Mick Jagger and Keith Richards. But you know I really did like our guess of David Bowie and Ziggy Stardust.
- •What is known by locals as Chomolungma?Mount Everest. That's its name in Tibet. In Nepal it's Sagarmāthā.
- •What 1960 book was written when the author's publisher (Bennett Cerf) bet him he couldn't write a book with only 50 words?Green Eggs and Ham. Spoiler alert: Seuss succeeded.
- •Which Irish writer published his last poem under the pseudonym C.3.3., his prison cell number?Oscar Wilde. The poem, by the way, was "The Ballad of Reading Gaol."
- •Sodium azide, a toxic chemical, is used to develop what life saving devices?Air bags.
- •Which future star, appearing uncredited, played Danny DeVito and Arnold Schwarzenegger's mom in Twins?Heather Graham.
- •What is the official language of Guinea?French. This was my second guess, bummer.
- •The descriptor "Helvetic" means something from what country?Switzerland, and yes, the font does originate there. I was furiously trying to remember that documentary (which bored me to tears)!
- •In 2005 on the Today show, what did Sean Combs say was getting "between me and my fans?"The letter "P" in P. Diddy. "Now everybody can just chant 'Diddy.'" Gee thank you for the clarification, we are totally not confused about what to call you, Sean (John) Puffy/Puff Daddy/ P. Diddy/Diddy Combs.