Soccer Try-Out Survival
A survival list for soccer parents to survive the long week of try-outs and waiting for the team results.
- •Take off work...hire a sitter...reschedule appointments...your mornings, days and nights will be consumed with soccer try-out parental duties! Duties not limited to nutritionist, chauffeur, equipment manager, nurse, massage therapist, agent, cheerleader, etc.
- •Do your homework...who's try outs are when...which ones overlap. Check into how many teams are to be formed per club for your child's birth year and who the assigned coaches are for those teams. Also find out where weekly practices will be held and all fees upfront. Lots of homework...notebooks optional.
- •Fuel up...you'll need to gas up the car to get around town to all the different club try-out!
- •Shine up your dancing shoes for the political soccer dance!
- •Smart phone...it will be your life line...keep it charged and handy!
- •Friends...stay in contact with other soccer parents...it keep the gossip wheel spinning!
- •Wine...always good to consume wine while whining about soccer try-outs! Helps settle the nerves!
- •Checkbook...you'll start bleeding money with the club commitment! Be prepared to shell out money for summer conditioning...summer skill camp...new uniform kit...new cleats...tournament hotel reservations...etc.
- •Remember...in the end it's a game...a game your child should enjoy to play. If your child is playing with friends and happy...it's all good!!! Enjoy watching them play the game...as sadly they wont play it forever :(
- •Good luck to all! Cheers!