WEST COAST, BEST COAST
Some of the major reasons I vehemently support this statement.
- •Everyone is friendlyA blanket statement that I will defend no matter what. In general, everyone I know from the west coast is happier and subsequently, nicer. Even those from large west-coast cities have a much more optimistic outlook than anyone I've met from a major east-coast city. Kindness is an underrated quality in this world.
- •CleanlinessCities are cleaner and citizens are more aware of their impact on the earth. It's as simple as that.
- •Natural beautyThe mountains of the east coast PALE in comparison to those back home. California beaches and Oregon forests cannot be beat.
- •Mouthwatering foodUgh, you literally cannot find authentic cuisine on this coast, excluding Italian food. I miss the Mexican, Chinese, Korean, Indian, Thai, Lebanese, and Japanese restaurants that I know and love (and so many more). I think I might die before I find good Mexican food in DC.
- •HumblenessThe general atmosphere of the Northwest is best described as down-to-earth. In contrast, people on the east coast are creepily obsessed with wealth and power! I have even found myself increasingly consumed with name brands and money since moving here. Materialism is the worst, and I'm ready to be rid of it for the summer.
- •In conclusion, new places and experiences are great but nothing beats the west coast. Take me back home!!