AUTHORS RECENTLY DISCOVERED THAT CHANGE EVERYTHING, FIRST HALF OF 2015
Hello. I've been reading.
- •Angela CarterYou know how I love and talk all the time about Kelly Link's dark-fantasy-but-still-literary short stories? Well, she got it from Angela Carter. What a fucking find. Seriously, this is my brain.
- •Paul BeattyThe Sellout is masterful. I'm reading reviews now (like the book nerd I am) and Dwight Garner said: "the most caustic and the most badass first 100 pages of an American novel I’ve read in at least a decade." Just read it.
- •Laini TaylorIf only there had been haunting YA like this when I was a kid. I wept. In the dog park. It was very messy.
- •Adolfo Bioy CasaresAn even mad-er-cap Orson Welles with a sense of unrequited childish love. The Life of Morel is so wonderfully odd and irreverent.
- •Melissa BroderFavorite poet and recently outed as the creator of the @sosadtoday Twitter feed. Woman knows ennui. Modern day Dorothy Parker.