BEST OF BUSHWICK (BROOKLYN)
We're all doing it and so can you!
- •Cain's TavernThis is my Cheers. A no bullshit bar with a service industry night.
- •King NoodleHunkiest of bartenders @virolainen and all the best noodles and flaming drinks.
- •Fritzl's Lunch BoxFried chicken for days and a beautiful back patio. I find the fact that the chef/owner is a hulking bald dude with a long red beard very comforting.
- •Silent BarnDIY music venue. Good bands, graffiti art, a creepy dance room upstairs etc.
- •VarietyCoffee with all of the appropriate Brookyn pretensions. If you see a cute guy working there with glasses and a bunch of alien tattoos, hands off. Jk, that guy and I broke it off last year, so it would just make listapp really awkward.
- •Pearl's Social & Billy ClubWhere the pretty people go. And by pretty I mean bearded men and tattooed chicks and a lot of gorgeous androgynes.
- •Better Read Than DeadGood luck finding this place, tourists, but if you manage it's a tiny used book haven.
- •Maria Hernandez ParkIt's a park. I take my pup there. It is a great place to engage in puppy warfare. (Kevin pictured basically kicking ass)
- •Roberta'sWhen the Times "found" this place, my rent went up by 20%, but the pizza is damn good. And they have a fried chicken (off menu) at brunch that will bring you to your knees.
- •Mary MeyerCool kids clothes for going to Roberta's.
- •Boobie TrapThe theme of this bar is BOOBS.
- •Northeast KingdomA restaurant for hot dates. Very Brooklyn--seasonal ingredients and a menu that shifts accordingly and Vermont themed rustic decor.
- •Heaven Street RecordsYou can't have an apartment in Bushwick without records. This particular store carries my band's album, so go to this one and but it.
- •The Cobra ClubThe Bushwick jack-of-all-trades. It's mostly a punk rock kinda divey bar, with karaoke, stand up and pool. BUT also a coffee shop with yoga and dance classes (during the day).
- •WorshipFor that vintage Brooklyn feel. It's well curated and affordable. There are sooooo many overalls.
- •The narrowsA+ cocktails, really nice patio and delicious french fries. Cash bar but they have an ATM. I had a very dramatic breakup here but still never ending love for the narrows 💕Suggested by @aminatou
- •Champs DinerJust moved there!Suggested by @johannasamuels