BOOKS I'VE LIED ABOUT NOT READING
Im pretty open about the embarrassing things I read, watch and listen to. But, here is a list of all the romance novels and fantasy I read in my closet at age 13 as requested by @bjnovak
- •The GoldfinchSo, I lied about reading it for so long that by the time I had read it I couldn't tell anyone my real opinion.
- •The hundreds, yes hundreds, of romance novels I have read and enjoyed since the age of elevenI am not ashamed now, but at a small liberal arts college in Connecticut I spent years pretending I preferred Derrida and Sartre. What I really like is Nora Roberts, Sarah MacLean, Lisa Kleypas, Johanna Lindsay, Eloisa James, Maya Rodale, Kresley Cole, JR Ward, Kathy Maxwell, Tessa Dare, Jayne Ann Krentz, Jane Feather, Stephanie Laurens, Julia Quinn, Susan Elizabeth Phillips, Kathleen Woodiwiss, Jude Devereaux, Judith McNaught and on, and on and on...
- •The Fault In Our StarsI cried a lot. I'm also not ashamed, but I didn't want to talk about it afterwards. Ever.
- •Flowers in the AtticWho wouldn't lie about reading this book? Do you want to talk about it?
- •All fourteen books in The Wheel of Time Series by Robert JordanAccording to Wikipedia this means I have read 4,410,036 words about this particular magical world. This is one of many, many fantasy series that I have lived in.
- •Abraham Lincoln: Vampire HunterI had to read it for work. I'm still embarrassed.
- •Of Dice and MenThe history of Dungeons & Dragons. I loved every page almost as much as I love playing the game. Enough said.
- •Pretty much everything by Philippa GregoryI read them with my mom...