HIGHLIGHTS OF A STORM, 2015
It was actually pretty uneventful...
- •First, it was an apocalypseI went to Key Foods at 1pm because the only food in my house was one packet of ramen and leftover Chinese food. It was madness. Shelves were empty. As I waited in a line that snaked to the end of the store, a woman pulled a stroller up next me and HANDED ME HER BABY and dashed off to grab a last item. When you hand your infant to a woman in combat boots with blue hair, you truly believe the world is coming to an end.
- •But, still pretty much the sameAs I left the store, still shaken up over "the baby incident," two men cat-called me. Because it may be snowing like crazy and your glasses are fogging up, but baby you still look good! Mmmmm (kissy noise)
- •I walked with some friends to the cemeteryThe snow fell and the next morning I went on a double date with my friends Michelle and Nico. My partner was, of course, my pup, Kevin. He wore this chic fur lined coat. Kevin did not pee on any headstones which felt like a small victory.
- •I ate so many Bagel Bites (TM)Whenever Key Foods has a sale on bagel bites (always), I buy them. It was pretty much all I ate for two days while wearing sweats I did not take off even when I left the house for the aforementioned walk to cemetery.
- •I read lots of books FOR FUNStation Eleven by Emily St John Mandel. 10:04 by Ben Lerner. Get In Trouble by Kelly Link The Water Knife by Paolo Bacigalupi. and Pleasure Unbound by Larissa Ione
- •My phone finally meltedBut I got a new one yesterday. Missed you ListApp!