WOMEN WHO SHAPED MY YEAR 💁
This is a long overdue list about how being surrounded by powerful women this past year enhanced my quality of life big time (I'm so thankful) !
- •My Mimiwho was a fabulous queen even up until the end. No, really, she had this sign in her bedroom:
- •My momwho even after losing her own mother held it together and let us in to help her overcome it. I probably got the closest to my mom I have ever been this year. She's pretty cool.
- •Meg, or Egg, as I like to call her sometimeswho continues to be the most chill stable best friend ever. i'm glad we met in detention in 7th grade breakfast club style. pictured here stroking my face:
- •My sisterwho graduated college and continues to add some great things to the art community in Boston. peep her speaking at the museum of science soon. 🎨
- •my professorwho pushed me really hard because she knew i was capable of it. Thank you for encouraging me to try new things/recommend my next adventure: LA.
- •My boss @torystarr3who always encouraged me to be creative and made me feel valued every day I spent interning at 'GBH. Thank you for showing me I am capable of things I didn't know/opening up my eyes to social j. i hope to continue this path & make the studio six fam proud! ❤️
- •My current boss, Sarahwho took another chance on hiring another kid (me) and inviting me in to an actually enjoyable retail environment with a strong staff of friendly ladies. This job, though it's for the summer, has already given me new friends of all ages/people to learn from everyday.
- •Beyoncébecause I haven't stopped listening to LEMONADE since it came out 🍋🍋🍋